For more information on the Pharmacy First Service please click here .



If you suffer hayfever symptoms and are registered with a GP practice you can use the Pharmacy First service offered by local community pharmacies.  Your local pharmacist will give you advice and provide medicine to treat your hayfever symptoms free of charge.  For children under 1 year old with allergies or  hayfever symptoms please book a telephone or video appointment with a GP.


You usually only need to see your GP if:

  • you can't control your symptoms with over-the-counter medications, or you have troublesome side effects caused by the medication
  • you are experiencing persistent complications of hay fever, such as worsening asthma or repeated episodes of sinusitis
  • the pattern of your symptoms is unusual, such as occurring during the winter or only at your workplace (it is likely that another substance other than pollen is responsible, and further testing will be needed to confirm this)

For more information and self-help with hay-fever please click on the links below:


If you are female aged between 16 and 60 you can buy antifungal medicine from pharmacies if you have had thrush diagnosed in the past and you know the symptoms.

For more details of symptoms of thrush please click on the link to the NHS website below:

Symptoms of Thrush

Urinary Tract Infections

Woman aged between 16 and 65 with any of the following symptoms can contact any pharmacy to receive treatment for a UTI:

  • burning or stinging sensation on passing urine
  • need to pass urine urgently
  • need to pass urine frequently.

If you are pregnant, have visible blood in your urine or have recurrent UTIs then please contact the surgery to make an appointment with a clinician.

For more details of UTI symptoms please click on the link below:

UTI Symptoms
NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website